Friday, May 15, 2009

Relay for Life

Well, Relay for Life was originally scheduled for May 1st. However, because of the Swine Flu scare, it was rescheduled for May 15th. Not a problem, except for the fact that Ashley...my baby and best friend couldn't be there with me. She and Mike had to head out to San Antonio earlier today for a big softball tournament. She was very much missed by me and her Youth Group. I had a nice surprise though when Dylan and Grandpa Dean came to walk with me during my hour. It was wonderful support! Thank you!!
The theme this year was COLOR OF A CURE. During this process I found out that each cancer has its own color. I never knew that! Our church color was Orange for Leukemia. This color meant even more to me since my Grandma Betty was diagnosed just two months ago with Leukemia. Thus our theme was CRUSH CANCER! The banner was awesome!
WOW!!!!! I had the most unbelievable experience tonight with our church - Grace Avenue UMC and my first Relay for Life. I signed up many months ago, not really realizing what exactly Relay was all about. Tonight...I found out! I don't think in all my years I have ever been to an event in which every emotion I have was touched. The entire evening was amazing and powerful beyond words. All I can say is that I am so glad I was a part of it and can not wait until next year.